Friday, October 24, 2008

I've been tagged. Time to share my Randomness

Shauna tagged me to confess six random facts about myself. I'll try to keep the randomness appropriate because I tend to get out of control. Here are the rules:

The Rules

1. Link to the person who tagged you.
2. Post the rules on the blog.
3. Write six random things about yourself (or as many as you are willing to admit to).
4. Tag six people at the end of your post.
5. Let each person know they have been tagged.
6. Let the tagger know when your entry is up.
********************************************************************************

1. My hair doesn't grow. Seriously, I think I have had this hair length and cut since about sixth grade. The only difference is that it gets thinner each and every day. Oh and it get's quite oily too. I have to shower and shampoo every morning and by about 8pm, I look like a greaser. All the hair people I have ever been to look at me and think I am an easy sell on leave-in conditioners and anti-split end products. I have probably spent more money trying to find miracle hair repair products that I have spent on clothes. They also tell me that if I go without washing it for several consecutive days than it will help my scalp get a break and will be healthier and less oily. Um- yeah- good idea. I have gone camping for a week or so, and after 2 days of no washing, I have to carry a towel because the oil drips down my forehead. So... in case you were every curios- my greatest attribute is not thick flowing hair.

2. I hate taking medicine. Anything medicine related. It all started after I got a knee surgery in college. I was prescribed Percocet for the pain. I took it- not knowing it would kill my intestinal track - well not kill it, but shut it down. I was in more pain from the effects of the pain killer and I swore I would never take another narcotic in my life. And I haven't. And I won't. I have a hard time even taking Ibuprofen. Oh- and I don't take vitamins either.

3. I love reading and I have found that the older I get the less suspense/thriller/murder books I read because now they really scare me. I love reading in general. I don't have a favorite book in the whole world, but I have lots that I like. Lately, I haven't been reading as much because time seems so limited. I also have to confess that when I read, I totally neglect my family. A few years ago, I realized that I had a bit of an addiction/problem with reading. I would start a book and it would consume my mind. I am not even kidding- Once I started a book, I couldn't stop reading. I would even take my book to church, and read it during Relief Society, Sunday School, and yes...even Sacrament meeting. Juan would ask me what the point of attending church was if I wasn't paying attention and at the time I secretly had the thought [DUH- I have THREE full hours to get uninterrupted reading in]. For the girls in my ward... I have disciplined myself not to do this anymore. :)

4. I have two re-occuring dreams and both are kind of nightmares- I'll just talk about one of them. I don't even know what the dream is about- but I know it is re-occuring because I do the same thing every time I have it. Juan says that I sit up straight in bed and my eyes are open and I say "Who's in here? Get out NOW". then I lay down and am silent. Creepy huh? The first time I found out I did this was when we were married about 2 months. It really freaked Juan out. He thought that there was someone either in the room or that there was a ghost or something. He told me that he laid really still and hid under the covers- and then figured I was asleep when I laid back down. He HATES this dream when I have it. Now, after 8 years of watching me be psycho in the middle of the night he is desensitized. Hopefully there is never a time in the future when there really is someone in the house while we are asleep. Yikes.

5. Until I was married and Juan and I moved to Utah, I had never lived anywhere longer than 3 years. My dad was military so we moved all the time. Here are the states I have lived: Texas, Washington, New Jersey, New York, Hawaii, California, Germany, Virginia, Pennsylvania, Colorado, Idaho, New Mexico, and Utah. I went to three different high schools (VA, PA, and CO).

6. I have all 4 of my wisdom teeth. And still lots of gaps in my mouth. When I was 18 the dentist told me that I had plenty of room to let my wisdom teeth come in and they wouldn't cause much crowding for the other teeth. Nice. My favorite gap is the one between my front teeth because it is just like my dad's gap. :) I have never had braces (which is why I have gaps) and every time I go into a new dentists office, they try to upsell me on Vaneers (sp?), braces, and anything cosmetic to help my mouth. I always decline the offer. I have also never had a cavity- so even though the mouth looks a lil' neglected, I really do take good care of my grill. haha


*******************************************************************************
Homework For:

I haven't been reading many blogs these days, so if I tag you and you have already done this- you can disregard it. Just leave me a comment and let me know. I tag Mary, Joyce, Destiny, Jess, Lori and anyone else who wants to play along

9 comments:

Jess said...

Why me? I have nothing random in my life...lol. Seriously, I am calling you THIS weekend and we're getting you your prize!!! Glad to see your blogging, even without pictures. I love your random comments about yourself.

Tiff Keetch said...

I love your random facts! I'm with you on the fear of medication... Sometimes the side effects are worse than what you take the stinkin thing for!

Shauna said...

I'm jealous that you got to keep your wisdom teeth. Not only did I have to lose those (and it was NOT a pleasant experience!), but my jaw is so tiny I had to have my last set of molars pulled as well.

Hannah S said...

Glad to get to know you better. Amazing teeth. I didn't even remember you having a space until you mentioned it again, nor you hair. I have creepy dreams too but yours sounds really bad. You don't remember what they are about?

Jodi said...

Hey Sus- I'm happy I read your blog. You do have some random thoughts. I don't remember your tummy hurting after taking drugs. Good to hear your thoughts. When are you coming to Rexburg to visit??

Jess said...

I finished my tag...

camfox said...

Susan,
It's been a long time, but it's so great to visit your blog again! I am laughing so hard. I loved this post. the oil dripping from your hair, the freaky dreams. . . so funny. And scary. I love your humor!
-Camille

Heath and Gretchen said...

Hey! I need to see more pictures! :) We just made our blog private. Send me your email to gsparry@gmail.com so I can send ya an invite!

Peyton and Jayce said...

Susan- So great to learn more about you! I am lucky to have you for a visiting teacher! I really mean that!!! Thanks!