Wednesday, October 22, 2008

To Blog or Not to Blog... That is the Question

So plenty has been going on the past several months. The girls have been keeping us sleep deprived and are in such a cute stage right now. I still haven't purchased a new camera, and the one my friend- Nicole- gave me is having memory card issues. Here's the problem... I haven't been to the store to do real shopping in over a month. Juan has done the grocery shopping, laundry, and cleaning in addition to watching the girls in the day and working at night. I work during the day, get home and exert the remainder of my energy in chasing Amara around the house. So the truth is that I haven't wanted to blog with no pictures to add and no time to sit at the computer.
Here is an example of what we are currently experiencing with Amara. She is two and a half and in the potty-training stage. Fun times. She doesn't like to take down her own pants and her own diaper (even though she is capable). Yesterday, I was on the phone with my sister, Mary, and Amara came in the room. She said "I need to potty". So I walk her in the bathroom, help her undress, she sits down on her kiddy seat and nothing happens. She stands up, I try putting her diaper back on, and she isn't ready. Note: I am still talking away to Mary. I decide she is fine to hang out in the bathroom for a few minutes and I go sit down in front of the computer and keep talking. About 5 minutes later- she comes in the office- bare butt and says in an excited tone: "Mom, I peed on the ground!" She is so proud of herself. I had no idea she even knew what the ground was until last night. Sure enough- there was a little piddle of urine right next to the bathroom door- just feet from the toilet. She was so proud of herself for being a big-girl and not going potty in her diaper. So cute. :) What I like best, is that she said an entire sentence crystal clear. Quite impressive if you ask me. :)

Sienna is growing fast. She is almost 7 months and is getting on all fours and rocking back and forth. She can sit up alone, and has her two bottom teeth in. About a month ago, Juan gave her a haircut that looked just like his. The fade, shaved around the ears, cleaned up the back of her neck and everything. For the last few weeks she has looked like a little boy, so we try to keep her in pinks and purple and stick a hair bow in. It'll grow- right?

Oh- I also cut about 5 inches of hair off Amara. It looks cute- a little too close of a resemblance to Dora the Explorer- maybe... but cute.

I NEED A CAMERA. Hopefully in the next two weeks I will find one I want to purchase and I will be back to taking pictures again.

I think I need to call it a night-= 5:30am comes way to early.

4 comments:

Hannah S said...

Glad to see you blogging again! Way to be positive w/the potty training thing. That is what I have struggled with. Good luck! I hope we can get together to make bows after Halloween, once things have settled down.

Rach said...

Hey, I'm glad you're back in the blogging, too! Amara is getting so grown up, peeing on the ground and everything. Good luck with the potty training! I need to come visit you some time. I'll give you a call!

Willis Family said...

Amara is sooo cute! I love it! Sorry, I was keeping you busy...being selfish and wanting sister time. It was so great being able to talk $200 bucks. I love you and loving hearing about your girls. Can't wait to see pics of the haircuts and how big Sienna is getting. Love you always!
-Mary

Shauna said...

I go through periods of blogging funk as well, where I have either no time or no desire to do anything! And I'm not trying to work as well as be a mom. But if you have the desire, I've tagged you to give six random facts about yourself. Check out my blog for all the details.