Thursday, September 18, 2008

Back to his Roots...

Juan has been competing in 5K's again, and it has been so fun to go and support him. He has done really really well. He is a natural runner, and I love that he has found success running. He is collecting trophies and medals, which me and Amara think are pretty cool. He has placed first in his age range in every race he has run, and he placed 2nd and 3rd overall in the last 3 races. His best time so far was at the "No more Victims" 5k in West Jordan. His time was 17:15- which is pretty dang fast. The most recent race he ran was the 5k at the Salt Lake City Greek Festival. He got 3rd place overall and 1st place for his age catagory. Here are a few pictures... Check out that form! :) Good Job,Honey! He is my Speedy- Juanzales! :)

4 comments:

Hannah S said...

Holy cow! That is fast!!!! It took me twice that long! crazy! Why isn't he doing 10ks?

Willis Family said...

Okay...I have been telling my friends about that time and each time the response is...HOLY COW!!! Fast!!!!!!!!!!!! That's like a five and a half minute mile!!! I ran on SAT another 5k and my time was 32:47!!! I have to say for sure SPEEDY JUANZALES! Love it! Way to go Juan...you rock!!! (What's your secret? I still can't do the whole mind over body technique...I'm a mind wimp:()

Kaly Shippen said...

That's awesome...love the nickname you have for him. i miss you Sus, when are you coming up to idaho? i might be in SLC the weekend after conference so maybe we can get together

camfox said...

That's so awesome! Way to go Juan!